Monday, March 23, 2009

Leprechaun Visit

St. Patrick's was celebrated for two days at our home. We had our corned beef and cabbage meal on Monday and delivered cookies to a neighbor and then LEM the Leprechaun came to visit on the morning of St. Patties (Tuesday). Kayden setup 3 traps for him and nearly caught him with plastic wrap, but he managed to get away and left his footprints through the flour that he split. Could've used that pot-o-gold, but we'll try again next year!
Here's our cookies that Chad made the yummy dough for and then I made the spiral designs. We have to admit that the end result was pretty fantastic and gone quickly.

Lem's footprints through the flour.

Kayden doesn't look like he's in too much of a hurry to clean up after the Leprechaun, but just enjoying the chocolate 'gold' that was left behind.

2 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I am glad to see that Lem is so QUICK to jump from state tot state. I wish we could jump that quick!

Sherri said...

Ok--- so I knew NOTHING of this leprechaun thing.... I guess I better get on it next year!!! Kayden kept asking Micayla what kind of traps we made and asking about her chocolates --- I kept trying to quickly change the subject!!!