Saturday, June 28, 2008

Are you good now?

Yesterday, it was nearing naptime and our realtor calls. House hunting is a sore subject for me right now as we wait for a LONG "short sale" process and are also starting to look elsewhere. Thus, talking to our realtor puts me a bit on edge. I've asked the boys to pick a book and get ready for nap, but of course, they decide to rip all the covers off the beds, throw random toys around the room - all in fun to their 2 and 5 year old minds. When I entered the room after the call, needless to say, I was not a happy camper. In a not so nice voice, I had them clean everything up and soon they were ready for naptime. Boston gets really distraught when people yell at him and just starts balling. After getting things in the room in order, I shut the door and left Boston to cry in bed while I went to cool down. I went back in and was calmly ready to read his book and sing a song so he could drift off to sleep like he does so well and he says to me, "Are you good now?" Then it clicks, they weren't being bad - they were just being silly kids. THEY could care less if their room was in order. It was ME who had the issue and the question really sunk in. I smiled and answered him with a kiss, a 'sorry', an 'I love you' and a simple, "Yes, I'm good now." Thank goodness for my children in my life to bring me back to what really matters!
My Boston

No comments: