Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fishing on the brain

My son is officially a fishing fanatic. He has always enjoyed it, but convinced me to take him on a sport fishing trip on the ocean before we left California. After hauling in about 15 fish including a 20in sand bass, he won't stop. Literally. Every time he sees me he reminds me of the trip, or upcoming trips, or even speculating on some time of behemoth leviathan he will eventually catch. To appease some of his incessant talking, my wife promised to take him. Since our pole was packed away some where, she bought a launching one that works awesome....when it works. It's like a spring loaded gun that shoots out the bobber and line. They sorta had fun, but after about the 20th time the line got tangled and it was all done for the launcher. Because he was so adamant, I promised to take him today. Of course, today its sleeting, hailing and snowing at maybe 40 degrees. Not cool

1 comment:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

So I can vouch for that obsession- he is going to live in the ocean for sure-hey abi smigeal has a cool job that you might wanna check out for Kayden!