Friday, September 4, 2009

Summer has come and gone

From the middle of summer to the end, it was all kind of a blur. A lot of fun times, but we were busy traveling, playing, visiting and dealing with not so brilliant contractors. Here's a quick recap.

OREGON
After my grandfather passed away, we of course made a trip to Oregon for the funeral. It was a nice service and glad we were there.

It's always fun to see family and for the kids to play with their cousins. Chad went back home with my sister and her family after the weekend and the boys and I stayed 3 more days to visit and play and then drove back near the end of the week.


CONTRACTOR ISSUES
After Oregon, we were home for a week and expected our new central air conditioner to be installed as soon as we returned. Well, after countless (literally) delays or cancellations from them, they finally had it "working" a full week after we returned, only to have the pipes frozen the next morning. There were also MANY issues with our 'one man demolition' crew coming in and leaving 3 huge holes in the ceiling, leaking spots in the unit inside and well, I could go on and on.

We took pictures of everything that went wrong and sent to the company. While I was away on our next trip, they came in with a 6 man team to fix everything that 1 guy managed to screw up himself and well, we did have air, but it was really completed until after Girls' Camp, 3 weeks later!!


ARIZONA
We were home for a week and then the boys and I loaded in the car again for the annual Grandma and Grandpa Hutchings camp. This year it was in Arizona. Kayden and Boston spent the week with their Hutchings' cousins and grandparents. The theme this year was Nifty Nature and they had a blast fishing, collecting bugs and frogs, getting scared out of their tent by a relentless skunk, going on a safari to Out of Africa and just playing to their hearts content. Grandma has all the cute pictures from this event, but it was fun had by all.

McCoy and I stayed with Chad's sister for the week. I was very low on energy and felt 'morning' sick every afternoon. I did manager to get some projects done that I had taken and McCoy of course managed to rummage through their house in its entirety.


GIRLS' CAMP
We arrived back home from Arizona on Friday night and then I got ready to leave on Monday for Girls' Camp, as I am a leader over the young women in our ward. My mom was kind enough to drive from Oregon and volunteer her time and ENERGY to spend the week with my kids. She also brought along her mom as well.

Girls' Camp was fun and very good to get to know the girls and leaders more and had some wonderful experiences there. Home I hear was busy, but it sounds like it was a lot of fun. Boston's birthday happened while I was gone, but they celebrated by going to a Bee's baseball game and he was in heaven. We also had a family party when I got back and then a friend party a couple of weeks later.


After camp and saying goodbye to my mom and grandma, we had a week to recuperate from our busy travels before school started, but we did manage to squeeze a trip to the water park, Cherry Hill for one day (forgot the camera).

Good bye summer. We will be missing the adventures when the snow comes and then stays and stays and stays!!

1 comment:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

aaaaahhhh...its over! You forgot to mention that your hostess was a morning sick party pooper too! ha ha Good times we will always laugh about@!