Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Room Transformation

When we saw this room during the tours of our house, we would always just laugh. It is in the back of the basement and there was very old wallpaper and poorly cut beadboard. If the board didn't match up (diagonally miscut), they simply spray painted the wall behind. We wanted to actually use this room someday and it turned into a labor of love that we both actually completely do love. None of the boys are brave enough or old enough to live on the opposite side of the house from us yet, but it's already been used by a few guests. After new carpet, removing wallpaper, removing poorly cut boarding, painting, adding new beadboard and molding and painting closet doors, here's our football-turned-blue room:

BEFORE

AFTER

6 comments:

Alex said...

Looks so good. I really like it! Great job

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I;m blue da-de-de-da-de-da....until i can sleep in the room bla-de-dee-da-de dum-yah yah
LOOKS FAB...I LOVE the trim/chair railing is that what it is called? that serves as book holders too!! LOVE IT! you are getting me all antsy to do a SERIOUS makeover in our rooms. Did you do the carpet yourself?

Sherri said...

That looks so good!!! No wonder we haven't seen you!!!

Sandi said...

The room is AMAZING!! I can't believe it is the same area. You guys are very talented. I wouldn't have known where to start.
I am anxious to come and see the transformation. Great job!

Thomas and Leah said...

Room looks amazing!! You guys are making this house yours and it looks GREAT! Can't wait to come visit you guys. You both are so creative and do really nice work. Can I hire you to do my house?
Love Ya.

booboo said...

I want to come live in that room now!! It looks like something off of Clean House or something!! You guys did a great job with it!! Jealousy!!