Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Labor Day Hike

My parents came to visit from Oregon for Labor Day weekend. Amidst the throwing up of our family, my sisters family and my mom, we did get to see and do a lot. On Friday, we all rode our bikes on a path to a pond and had a picnic dinner. Kayden complained for about 20 minutes because he had a crash on his bike a couple months earlier and didn't want to try again. After Chad's patience and my impatience, he finally took off and now loves bike riding - until the next crash.

On Saturday, the flu bug started hitting and a few of us went to Mirror Lake and surrounding areas. It was so crowded there and we attempted fishing, but with the wind and the amount of people, we soon packed up to go find a less crowded location. We finally found a lake that you had to hike up to. It was about a 2 mile hike completely up hill. About 1/3 of the way up, the flu bug hit my mom and another of my sister's boys so they headed back to wait out the horrid 24 hour illness over the porcelain throne and the Hutchings clan headed the rest of the way up.

When it comes to hiking, my boys do not complain. I already explained the biking whine, but with hiking, these boys push and push to make it to our destination and love every bit of it. Kayden looks for creatures and critters, Boston always has a stick in hand and is on a lookout for an even better one and McCoy just enjoys being part of the boys. He was packed on Chad's back the whole way up, but walked every step coming down with bruises to prove it. When he would fall, he would say "I died" and get back up and go again.

Taking pictures of a waterfall.

Kayden explorer.

Our destination. It was beautiful.

Our family - we were the only ones at the lake, so a tree held the camera for us.

Azure and Mommy sporting our shades.

1 comment:

Kelby and Amber-Rose said...

Aww! I laughed so hard at the "I died" comment. That is SO funny! I miss little McCoy...he didn't really talk much when we left. Tell all your boys we love them and we miss them! Love you all!

Kelby and Amber-Rose