Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Blossoms and Bud Confusion

Spring has sprung here and brought some nice weather and beautiful blossoms. Being that I've killed every indoor plant in the last almost 8 years of marriage (including a cactus that was a Mother's Day present), I just had to show off some of the bulbs that I planted in the fall.


Along the very front of our house is just barely started to blossom, so maybe those pics will have to come later. However, our backyard blossoms will never be seen by anyone anymore. They were looking so pretty and then Saturday at dinner, Boston confesses, "Since you don't like the buds, I used my light saber (a.k.a stick) and chopped them all for you." WHAT!!?? Who said I didn't like the buds? I felt the sadness and rage emerging and then was wrestling between how to let him know this was a really bad thing, but also show him that I was glad he told me the truth. I tried to help him remember how he helped me plant all these last fall and he didn't remember. I'm not exactly sure what was accomplished (punishment, truth is good, or both), but he does know now that I do indeed like buds.

2 comments:

Laurel Nelson said...

Oh no! Your poor buds!!!! At least you have some time to plant some more though, right? And how on earth do you kill a cactus? I think you and I are just as bad as each other...:)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Dear Jedi flower killer--Please don't come visit our home for the months of April and May...BUT then we WANT you!
To the mom of the Jedi--good job for thinking it through and supressig the anger-that shows signs of being a veteran GOOD mom...I am still mastering that one!
I did not know those flowers were hiding out while we were there!